“iBeacons could send you notifications of items around you that are on sale or items you may be looking for”
*It will be interesting to see if supermarkets integrate this with your shopping list, created in app or on the web, tied to your phone to enable complete purchases of intended purchases. Where would receipes and recipe apps play in to this? There are some items and ingredients that shoppers would have a hard time finding. Integration of data on item location and items for intended purchase could make shopping easier and better for both buyer and seller.
For the seller:
- All intended purchases for a shopping trip bought.
- More satisfied customers as they get their shopping done faster
For the buyer:
- Reduced or eliminated frustration finding an item.
- The app will ensure you find it as it is integrated with store plan-o-grams for the store you are in.
- Less time going to a second or third store or returning to get a forgotten or missed item.
*There could be big changes to in-store retailing in the next five years.